It’s been a very busy half term with lots of clubs, competitions and leagues participated in.
- Some great new clubs this year to compliment the old favourites. These include multisports morning club for our superstars of the future.
- KS1 football has been added to give our boys and girls a chance to learn new skills and prepare for competitions and friendlies later in the year.
- Basketball for years 4,5 and 6 has been very popular and I’ve thoroughly enjoyed watching the pupils make rapid progress. Passing, fast breaks, rebounds and lay-ups are all now being used with greater effect.
- Cross country, boys football, netball, girls football, mixed football have all been enjoyed; and very soon mixed basketball will take place at Gateway Academy. Our pupils have been fine ambassadors for the school, demonstrating, hard work, team cohesiveness, fair play and sportsmanship. We are very proud of everything they have done.
- The girls football team were entered in the Thurrock Football 7 a side cup. Despite a valiant performance and without the inspired influence of Mr. Barry-Gregory they succumbed to a very experienced Woodside and lost two nil.
- The boys football team has been making steady progress in the league, winning one and losing one. Both were fiercely fought games with end to end football and all involved were a credit to their respective schools.
- The netballers are just beginning their campaign to maintain the league crown again this year. Watch this space!
A huge thank you to all parents that have helped with transport to and from events. We truly appreciate this. Also, a continued thank you to our parents for their respect towards all the competitors and the officials/teachers involved. Sport can occasionally be very contentious, and mistakes are made at times, but they are mistakes. Setting a good example for our children is paramount in school sport. Long may this continue.
Yours in sport